Yale researchers please follow the steps below for Yale FOM account setup and instrument application:
- Get an active Workday COA (Charter of Accounts) number from your advisor.
- Check to make sure your computer/smartphone is on Yale local network or Yale VPN.
- Click Yale FOM (Facility Online Management) to open Yale FOM page and logon using your NetID and password.
- Follow instructions to set up your personal FOM account. Let us know if your PI or department is not in our database.
- Follow the requested format to fill COA number in the accout setup page.
- Fill and submit the biosafety form to activate “Add this account” button.
- Existing FOM users can also click “My Accounts” in your FOM account to add a new account. An updated biosafety form is required for each new COA account.
- Go to “User Home” page, click the small square button next to “Yale West Campus Materials Characterization Core” below “Available Equipment” to open the dropdown instrument.
- In the popup “New User Application Form” choose “Internal” user and hit “Apply” button. The Core manager will be informed by email and you will be contacted for trainingm arrangements.
- Please read the user training page for additional X-ray radiation training requirements on XRD and XRF.
External academic and industrial users please contact the core for account setup.